Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday Thirteen


13 Things I'm looking for in a (town)house

 

Yes, I know that the first rule of real estate is location, location, location. I am also aware that most of the things on this list can be worked around if the price is right. Still, these are the things on my wishlist. Especially the guest rooms. So I can have guests. :)
 
1)  A kitchen with space and storage
2)  A guest room (or two)
3)  Room for an office/library
4)  A laundry room...with a washer and dryer

5)  A living room with maybe a fireplace

6)  A half bath downstairs

7)  Two baths upstairs
8)  Good closets- a walk-in closet in the master bedroom.

9)  A well laid out master bedroom.
10)  Hard wood floors/decent looking carpets
11)  Paint on the walls that won't need to be painted over before moving in
12)  A decent sized back yard (for a townhouse), and one that doesn't overlook a maze of other fenced in back yards.
13)  A townhouse set in relation to its neighbors so that its windows look out across a 5 foot gap into the neighbor's windows, or where I don't have to live with my shades closed all of the time.
14)  Far enough away from the highways that I can have my windows open without being overwhelmed by the noise. 

No comments: