Well, it’s been almost a year since my last blog entry, and looking back at my last posting it seems as if not much has changed when actually a lot has happened. Here’s how it compares to last year’s last entry.
1) I am going to do Nano this year, I’ve got a project I need to get started, as I’ve got an editor already interested in it. I’ve been doing quite a bit of research and preparation, not just need to get it done.
2) I would like to begin blogging more regularly, however between Nano and the madness that is my work schedule, I would be happy with a weekly posting. This would be a good start, right?
3) Yup, still working on the losing the weight, and am making progress. Not fast, but I’ve gotten to the point where I’m starting to keep it off. No plans for marathons, but maybe a walk/run for cancer.
4) Still not playing games on Facebook, and not even spending much time on Angry Birds. This seems to have been a low tech summer, lots of curling up with a good book. I’m currently glomming my way through J.D. Robb’s in Death books.
5) Yup, I still have allergies, and they are once again driving me nuts.
Now for the things that have changed:
1) Savannah Jane, my 19 year old cat, passed away on March 16 of this year, so I’m currently catless, and not yet ready for a new one.
2) My car which is 14 years old, and has 139k miles on it, has had some seriously expensive repairs done to it this year, and needs to go into the shop tomorrow. If I can get it there. I’m seriously thinking of going car shopping when I go home for Christmas. That’s what sisters are for, after all.
3) I’m thinking of buying my own place, and have even started getting organized for any potential (oh god) moving in my future. But never have enough time off (and energy) to get very far.
4) The library will be getting a new space, just not this year, and not a standalone building. So the mad packing we started the year with… now has to be undone and redone in a more orderly fashion. So we can actually find things. And then we have, oh joy, another move.
I’m sure there is more, but it is late, and I don’t want to sound like I’m whining. Not all of the changes have been bad. I bought a Nook, and quite enjoy it (even if it has been on more trips this year than I have), and also a new cell phone (one I actually use and remember to keep paid up). Hopefully a few things in my life, though, will stay the same.
Construction Photos- Week 27
3 days ago