Since I have to work tomorrow, and must go to bed in 6 minutes, I thought I'd do a 5 things post.
1) Spring is sprung. The trees are blooming, the rose and the mint plant both survived the winter, and the ficus is now on the deck. Even the plants I'm starting from seeds have started sprouting. The trick will be to keep them all alive through the summer, on a deck that faces due west.
2) Spring cleaning has commenced- especially the polishing of the wooden bookcases. This might take a while. :)
3) Tai Chi has been canceled, so we're back to walking around the lake. Will try to add more working out, but so far working (at work and around the house) is enough.
4) RT- 4 weeks. Preparation has begun, picking which books to take with me, and trying to get some of them read, especially those by new to me authors.
5) I've been trying my hand at poetry again, not sure if this one works. What do you think? Here it is:
Scattered across the storm-swept land.
Words, like glass shattered on the reefs,
rubbed smooth by wind and waves.
Small kernels of southern civility
adrift on the northbound current
Yet, as always, feelig the pull of the ocean:
The sweet salt smell of the sea.
Good night everyone. :)
Construction Photos- Week 27
6 days ago