So. It's been a while since I did any regular blogging, or writing, and I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out where this summer went.
1) Writing is like any other activity, it is easy to get out of practice. But just because I haven't been writing or blogging, doesn't mean I haven't been thinking, or plotting, or planning. It does mean I need to start back, or my characters are going to start taking over my dreams again (not a good idea when you're plotting out a murder mystery).
2) I need to start working out with the wii more, maybe that will give me more get up and go (I was doing it almost all summer long- I had to take a break though, getting muscle cramps in my feet- not fun when you drive a car with a stick shift and a clutch).
3) Trying to get organized is a never ending process- one I wish I could finish soon. Although it did help taking one of my love seats to the dumpster (it really needed to go), maybe this weekend I'll take a load of stuff to the Salvation Army.
4) I also need to get ready for my trip to Florida and the Wonderful World of Harry Potter. I can't wait.
5)I have been doing quite a bit of reading lately, and when I get back I'll start blogging about some of the books I've read. Big hint: two words for you: Steam. Punk.
6) The Evil Dayjob is getting a new library! This is great news, and desperately needed. I'll share more news (and floorplans) as we get them. Click Here, if you want to see what the building will look like.
7) I haven't been blogging much, or visiting other peoples blogs. And I definitely need to do more blog hopping, I miss my peeps too much. Although having the chance to meet some in person has totally rocked. :)
8) I've started planning my travels for next year. Not sure if I'm going to make it to RT, in LA. But I do plan to go to Pennwriters, Lori Foster's, and the CRW writer's retreat. Not sure where else, other than the usual trip home. Places to go and people to see, that's a good thing in my book.
9) According to weather.com, not a single thing in my area is producing pollen: weeds, grass, or trees. So of course my allergies are going nuts. Oy.
10)I'm going to FL Thursday, to go see the Wonderful World of Harry Potter (see #9).
11) My 18 year old cat is driving me nuts. I just hope she sticks around so I can tell everyone that my 19 year old cat is driving me nuts.
12) I want to move. I don't care if it's across town or across the country. I want to move. Will work on that too.
13) Once again it has been a supremely crazy year here, and once again it would have been even crazier without all of my writing friends, online and in person, who remind me that there is more to life than the dayjob. And that it's always good to have plans.
P.S. This is not actually early, I started this last Thursday, went home and got sidetracked. I'll try to do better next week.
Construction Photos- Week 28
1 day ago