(and are currently taking over my dining room)
Well, today sucked, but instead of boring both of us with my whining, I'm posting a list of some of the books on MountGotatRT, listed by author, with pictures (where available- at one point my camera batteries died- that point being halfway through the book fair- yup, of course it was). Anyway, if I have a picture (and know it's you), I'll post it. If not sorry, the batteries died. Enjoy (it might take me a while to get all of these read and posted about- just sayin').
1) Write Minded Authors- Jaci Burton (Wild, Wicked, & Wanton), Maya Banks (Sweet Surrender- I took that with me, Colter’s Woman, and The Perfect Gift), Sharon Long (Her Majesty My Love), Amy Knupp (The Boy Next Door), and Sydney Croft (The Boy Next Door), and last but definitely not least Sydney Croft (Seduced By the Storm- out in July and I will totally brag about it closer to the pub date).
2) MaryJanice Davidson- (Undead and Unwed, Sleeping with the Fishes, Swimming without a Net, Dead and Loving It, and Secrets Vols. 6 & 8)- met her at RT, had a blast running into her (the first time at the bar and she bought me a drink, the second in the goody bag room where I helped her find her own books *g*).
M.J. with merpeople.
3) Shiloh Walker- (Hunters: Heart and Soul and Hunting the Hunter)- it was great getting to meet Shiloh (whose picture I won’t post here)- she has posted that she was out of it for most of RT due to breathing problems, but the only thing I noticed was she was losing her voice (we all were), and seemed to be tired (ditto).
4) Lauren Dane- (Taking Chase and Giving Chase)- I met her the first night (also down at the bar) with Angie (who I had met last year at a writer’s conference).
5) Mechele Armstrong (Dinah’s Dark Desire)- very cool person, I only wish I’d had more time so we could have hung around together and talked (next year in Orlando?).
6) Cheyenne McCray- (Forbidden Magic and Seduced by Magic)- another writer whose blog I visit more than I comment, and will be adding to the sidebar as I have time to work on it.
7) Anya Bast- (Witch Fire and Witch Blood)- great book (I’ve only read the first), cool lady, glad I got to meet her.
8) Ann Aguirre- (Grimspace)- I’m running out of ways to say “Yay, I met her.” Got to talk a bit during the book fair, but not enough. She is also one of several blogs I usually visit by means of Rhian's side bar, but I'm adding everyone to my side bar as I find pieces of time to work on it.
9) Rachel Vincent (Stray and Rogue)- I sat in on a panel of hers- very cool (on the panel was Richelle Mead, Rachel Vincent, Jeanne C. Stein, Keri Arthur, Kelley Armstrong, Jeri Smith-Ready, and Paula Guran-editor from Juno Books)- and I got to talk to Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy) about YA books too (Yay!)
Keri Arthur (on the left) with Rachel Vincent (on the right).
10) Jade Lee- (Dragonborn)- totally cool woman- I sat with her during the Vampire Ball’s dinner (she left early) and then ran into her a couple times after, friendly, funny- I hope she goes to RT next year.
11) Vivi Anna-(Dark Lies)- Have you ever read or heard a name and know that you know the name but can’t place the context- that was me with Vivi Anna- I knew the name but not where I’d read it. Well, a bit of research assured me I wasn’t totally nuts (we all know I’m slightly nuts), her name is listed on Romancing the Blog’s side bar, so that’s at least one place I’ve run into it. Having met her and heard her speak on panels, I’ll be looking for her name in other places as well (her blog and her books).
12) Jessica Andersen- (Doctor’s Orders)- Okay, I’ll confess- before RT I didn’t know her from Adam. But I went to hear her speak about world building with her crit partner, J.R. Ward (where J.R. let ‘er rip- it was toooo funny for words). She was funny and helpful and held her own against J.R. Ward’s energy and verve. I bought one of her books at the book fair, and she has a new series coming out about 2012 and saving the world, so I’ll be posting more later. (if you look at the pictures-you'll understand why it too almost 45 minutes just to get through the As and the Bs).
13) Coleen Gleason- (The Rest Falls Away)- Again, didn’t know her or her work when I arrived at RT, except that her book had beaten La Nora’s High Noon in the Dear Author/Smart Bitches’ March Madness Book Challenge. So I bought a copy and she signed it.
P.S. if any of you are actually in any of these pictures and would like copies, post a comment and I will send them to you (I plan to do this anyway, but life and the dayjob are making it hard for me to get to it- I will, though, it just might take me a while).
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
2 days ago