Julia posted this and tagged Amy, who posted her answers and left it open to anyone who was interested, so I thought I'd give it a try. Here it is:
1. List one of your writing goals for the upcoming month, and how likely are you to accomplish it?
I have two goals for this month, I would like to finish revisions on my urban fantasy, write the cover letter and submit it. I would also like to do another pass at revising the fantasy and send that off as well.
2. What genre or subject would you like to write about that youd aren’t currently?
I've got an idea for a historical mystery, and I'd like to give that a try.
3. What is your writing lifestyle habits? How do you manage the interruptions with your writing? How do you stay positive? How do you believe in your writing success.
At the moment, my writing habits suck- and the dayjob isn't helping. But I am working on both interruptions, and I do believe that it will happen (getting published) it just might take a while longer.
4. Are you a panster or a plotter?
I'm a disorganized combination of the two. So far. I'm trying to work on my plotting more. The Fantasy series is sort of planned for four books, so I need to be able to keep track of book plots as well as series plots.
5. Who are two of your favorite current authors and why?
Only two? *g* For reading, my current favorites are Maria V. Snyder (just finished Poison Study- awesome book) and Elizabeth Peters (just reread He Shall Thunder in the Sky- very interesting book). For writing my two current favorites would be Larissa Ione, for the moral support and letting me see what she goes through with her writing and a bit of the process, as well as Lynn Viehl for her informative and educational blog posts.
6. How does your family feel about your writing?
The family is very supportive, of course they don't live with me, so they're also not around during the writing marathons when the dishes don't get done. :)
I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you do decide to do it (hey it's one more day when you don't have to rack your brain for a blog subject), just let me know you've done it so I can read what you post.
2 days ago