So Sunday was the day of Larissa's book signing, and I had promised I'd be there and it turned out I made it there, and had a blast meeting her and Michelle. Getting there, however, was another matter entirely. Not bad, just really really weird, in a Murphy's Law kind of way. So here is my list:
1) I woke up, on a Sunday, somewhere around 6 am. On a Sunday.
2) Had an a-ha moment about my WIP.
3) Got up, fed the cat, ate breakfast, and started working on my WIP, integrating the a-ha moment into the plot.
4) Started nodding off about an hour or so later, and decided to take a nap before I fell out of my desk chair and landed on the cat.
5) Went back to bed and slept like a log.
6) Woke up thinking it was perhaps 11 or 11:30. Nope, it was 1:15 (the signing ran from 1-3).
7) Ran into the bathroom, threw on my contacts, went to turn on the water to take a shower…and there was no water…in any faucet in the entire apartment. Sigh.
8) So I threw on my clothes, got in the car and realized I hadn’t eaten in about 6 hours, so I thought I’d go through a drive through, get a happy meal and eat it on the way.
9) The Drive-through had 5-6 cars in it, so sitting in line would have made me late.
10) I drove to the mall where it was being held, and went to the bookstore in a satellite building, only the signing was in the mall.
11) So I parked near the first mall entrance I came to, and then had to walk the length of the mall to get to the bookstore.
12) Larissa and Michelle were both talking to people when I got there, so I quietly pulled out my camera and took a picture, and Larissa looked up and said, “Ann?”
13) It was very cool to get her book signed, and Michelle’s book signed, and after I got a sandwich and an iced coffee from the coffee shop in the bookstore and we sat and talked for over an hour. And if you want to see pictures, Larissa has posted hers already.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Construction Photos- Week 27
5 days ago