I'm not sure when this will happen, but I've started planning my next big trip: England, Wales, and Scotland (Yay!). So I thought for this weeks TT I'd list 13 places I'd like to go on this trip. This list is not in any particular order.
1) Bath (the Abbey, the city, the Roman Baths)
2) Stonehenge (I turned 21 there- reason enough to go back, no?)
3) St. Ives- beautiful light, great hiking trails, and a branch of the Tate gallery (if you click on the link and look at the picture- I don't remember any of those buildings being there-sigh).
4) Isle of Skye (and hopefully the Northern Lights)- didn’t get that far north the last time, but I intend to).
5) Lake District- my idea of heaven. With flowers. And poetry. And great walking.
6) Edinburgh (and of course, the Castle)- saw the castle last time but only spent one measly day in the city (long before J.K. started creating Harry’s world).
7) Hadrian’s Wall-milecastle forts, housesteads, and more great walking.
8) Rosslyn Chapel (yes, I read the book- and enjoyed it- but the pictures of the building in the movie did it for me- gorgeous picture).
9) Hay-on-Wye- 30 used bookshops in one town, what’s not to love.
10) Oxford- Yup, gotta go. I’d love to see the Bodleian Library, but I don’t think it’s open to the public.
11) York- city walls, Roman buildings, the River Ouse.
12) Loch Ness- yup, we’re looking for Nessie.
13) Inverness-another great place to walk.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!