I love book lists. I live for book lists. I love to share book lists. So I thought I would put lists of my favorite books here each Tuesday. Today’s list is Vampires. Since everyone and my mother has heard of Ann Rice, she is not included. The rest are books and authors that I’ve read and enjoyed that others might not be as familiar with. Enjoy.
10) Mercedes Lackey- Children of the Night- Didn’t catch this series the first time around. Read the first two and am waiting for the third to be reprinted. Hint hint.
9) Savannah Russe- Just started reading her first book- Beyond the Pale, and I am already looking forward to book 2- Past Redemption.
8) Mary Janice Davidson- Undead and Unwed, Undead and Unappreciated, etc.- Betsy, Queen of the Vampires? Love the names writers are giving the undead these days.
7) Charlaine Harris- Dead Until Dark, Living Dead Until Dark, etc.- the Vampire Bill?
6) Tanya Huff- Both series are quite fun and very good reads. Where else would you run across a Vampire who is the bastard son of Henry VIII and a romance writer?
5) Kim Harrison- Dead Witch Walking, Every Which Way But Dead, etc. Another recommendation that I’ve become addicted to-must read them all- in order.
4) S.L. Viehl- First I got addicted to her blog http://pbackwriter.blogspot.com/ , then I got addicted to the books (If Angels Burn and Private Demon) am now waiting for the third book to come out (Dark Need).
3) J. R. Ward- Dark Lover and Lover Eternal, devoured both books after reading about them on Paperback Writer’s blog. Can’t wait to see if the third is as well written as the first two.
2) Sherrilyn Kenyon- love the whole Dark-Hunter world she’d created-even creating some sympathy for the bad guys (some of them anyway-others are just evil).
1) Laurell K. Hamilton- Great plots, great settings, great characters, and Sigmund the penguin-need I say more?
1 day ago